Check out our quick guide to maintaining your LVT / Click Vinyl flooring.
LVT flooring, also known as click vinyl flooring or luxury vinyl tiles, have exploded onto the UK and Ireland market in recent years. So much so that they are the fastest growing floor covering in Europe. It is easy to see why. They are extremely versatile, require very little maintenance and best of all, they are great in areas where moisture it presents such as bathrooms.
To ensure that your LVT floor lasts longer than expected while staying immaculate it is important to follow a few basic maintenance tips. Of course, correct installation is very important so please read our guide on how to lay click vinyl flooring first.
Our tips to ensure your new luxury vinyl tile floor stay looking fantastic are :
- Use felt pads. LVT floors are hard to scratch but moving heavy furniture or repeated abrasion from a chair can prematurely wear the surface. Using felt paddings under all furniture will protect our flooring from this.
- Check shoes and pay extra attention to high heels. Look for any sharp or metal parts. This can really damage your click vinyl floor.
- Install abrasive mats at entrances to remove stones and dirt.
- Clean regularly using an approved LVT cleaner.
- Heat should be maintained between 15-28degC to avoid excessive movement.
- Use and Vinyl maintenance kit (such as the Woca Maintenance Kit for Vinyl Flooring). This will clean and toughen the surface, also helping to hide light scratches.