Our handy guide to maintaining your laminate flooring.
In order to get the maximum lifespan from your laminate floor and keep them looking great, it is important to follow the manufacturers' maintenance instructions. These will vary a litte depending on which brand you purchase but here are some basic guidelines that are applicable to all of our products.
- Use felt pads everywhere. Although laminate floors are hard to scratch, moving heavy furniture or repeated scratching of a chair can wear or scratch the surface much easier than normal. Using felt pads under all furniture will protect against this.
- Check your shoes, especially heels. Look out for any sharp or metal bits sticking out, especially common in high heels. This can really scratch your floor.
- Install mats at entrances. It's a good idea to have on outside mat that will remove stones and dirt and a thin rubber backed one inside to remove extra moisture.
- Never wet mop. Laminate floors don't like water as it can cause them to swell and bubble. Clean your floor with a dry mop and laminate floor spray and also using a hover with brush head attachment.
- Spillages / Leaks must be cleaned up immediately. Unless your laminate floor is a waterproof one they can become damaged by moisture so make sure that if you spill something that it is completely dried up to avoid damage.Humidity in the room should be maintained between 40-65%RH